It is that time of the year again, the feeling of love is permeating in every corner and lovers are waiting with bated breaths. Valentine’s day is around the corner, and Goa is a place as good as any other, to make the day a momentous one in your life. From gazing at the stars to romantic drives, every moment is an exhilarating one in this beautiful paradise.
But with so many options to choose from, how do you spend this day right? Would be a question on most of our minds. We at BoaGoa, have hence come together and compiled a list of places and ideas to plan your valentines day.
Without further ado, let’s explore what you can do in Goa during this romantic time
This cliff-top Greek restaurant in Small Vagator is an ideal place for a valentine’s eve. Scrumptious food, exotic drinks & chill vibes are its specialties, making it a heavenly retreat for the night.
- Riverside- The Leela:Overlooking the Sal River, this place offers one of the best Italian cuisines you’ll ever have. Coupled with their long list of wines to choose from, you have assured a gala of time here.
- Simply Grills- The Marriott: Luxury has no limits here. Sitting beside the pool, here you can have the time of your life, with your loved one. Exotic food and drinks are their offerings, but what makes this place a must-visit, is its outdoor setting.
- The Fisherman’s Wharf: Ever been to a place which left you astounded with its beauty? This is the place that does exactly this to you. Great music, mouth-watering food, and a view to behold besides the sea make this a perfect setting for deepening your love.
1. A romantic dinner:
This is an obvious one, isn’t it. Well if you are in Goa, going on a romantic dinner date, is a must. Valentine’s day makes it more special. Having dinner beside your loved one, overlooking the sea while sipping your favorite wine is one of the most enriching experiences you can have. There are a lot of places to do this, but some of the best then is :-
2. Go on a bike ride:
Being in Goa is an opportunity to do different things. The beautiful roads & serene views are ideal for going on a bike trip with your love. Breezing beneath the lush green big trees will transport you to a dreamland, making you forget any worries you have. For undertaking this unique romantic sojourn, the best routes are:-
- Road Trip to Parra
- Road Trip to Ponta De Linhares
- Road Trip to the Islands of Diwar & Chorao
While, if you are in South Goa, then a road trip towards “The Cape” can be a beautiful romantic escapade too on Valentine’s day.
3. Hit the clubs:
Goa is known for its nightlife, with wonderful clubs playing some fantastic tunes all night. If you and your loved one want to chill and dance away the night, then this valentine’s you can visit some of the most happening clubs in Goa. Some of the best ones are:-
- Club Cubana
- Sinq Nightclub
- Cafe Mambos
- Curlies Beach Shack Anjuna
- Silent Noise The Club
- Nyex Beach Club
4. Hot Air Balloon Ride:
Verifying the amenities being provided at the venue such as parking space, parking guides, power backups, the quality of seating arrangement and lighting is very important to avoid surprises at a later stage. The amenities offered in the deal could be a deciding factor, as the budget of the event would increase if you have to procure them separately.
You can easily book this whether you are in South Goa or North through ThrilloPhilla.com
5. Moonlight Kayaking
Kayaking is a breathtaking experience on its own, but any activity under the moonlight instantly becomes more romantic. You can take this once in a lifetime opportunity on the Bambolim Beach, passing through the Mangrove trees in the quaint & beautiful Zuari River. It usually starts around 5 in the evening, and you can book your spot at Thrillophilla.com.
6. Spend time on Beaches:
Some of the most iconic and serene beaches in the world are in Goa. If you and your partner want to spend some time in serenity, walking hand in hand, then the beaches in Goa are perfect for this. Some of the beaches providing the warm romantic and peaceful vibes are:-
- Dona Paula Beach
- Agonda Beach
- Patnem Beach
- Ashvem Beach
- Butterfly Beach
7. Cafes & Bakeries:
Another wonderful way to spend your valentine’s is exploring the cafes & bakeries in Goa. Transporting you into a world of their own, cafes & bakeries here are a haven for lip-smacking delicacies. They offer some of the best food you’ll ever have along with cakes and desserts, bound to infuse your valentine’s day with happiness. Some of the best cafes & bakeries you can visit are:-
- La Dolce Vita :- Situated in Agonda, this authentic Italian cafe is run by Italians and provides the best Italian food in Goa. Try their Margherita Pizza, Macchiato Coffee and Chocolate Cake for a lovely date.
- Flour Power :- On Valentine’s they are offering their special red velvet bars and muffins, which are enough to make your valentine’s sweet. However, if you wish to try something more here, do try their otherworldly upside down, strawberry cake.
- Jill Bakery :- This traditional bakery is a jewel in South Goa. Just by seeing their eclairs & macrons can give anyone a sugar rush. If you and your valentine want to indulge in sweet delicacies, then this is the place to visit.
Other cafes & bakeries you can visit are Arjuna Cafe, German Bakery, Zest Cafe (if you love vegan). Though, beware since it’s Valentine’s Day, you might book a spot at all these places beforehand, if you don’t want to miss out on them.
But if you don’t wish to do any of these things, then you can opt for special events at places like,
- The Crown Hotel, who’ll be hosting a live music session, guaranteed to bring out the romantic side in you on the 14th.
- And the W Hotel’s hosting a brunch with live pop, blues & jazz music, and you can book a place there if you want to get a classy vibe on this special day.
Whatever you choose to do, one thing’s for sure, your valentine’s day will be amazing and that warm & fuzzy romantic feeling will forever stay with you. We wish you and your partner a wonderful and Happy Valentine’s Day here.